66kV Composite Insulator
|Product Rating||Highest System Voltage||Product type||Fitting Type||Mechanical Load(kN)||Min.Wet power frequency withstand voltage (kV)||Min.Dry lighting impulse withstand voltage, (kVp)||Min.Creepage Distance(mm)|
|66 kV||72.5 kV||Suspension||B&S Type||70/90||140||350||2247|
|66 kV||72.5 kV||Suspension||T &C Type||70/90||140||350||2247|
|66 kV||72.5 kV||Tension||B&S Type||120/160||140||350||2247|
|66 kV||72.5 kV||Tension||T &C Type||120/160||140||350||2247|
Advantages of Composite Insulators over Conventional Porcelain Insulators :
- Light weight, Ease of Installation and less transportation charge.
- Resistance to breakage and vandalism.
- Unique self-cleaning property, reduced maintenance cost.
- Hydrophobicity and recovery of hydrophobicity make it suitable for polluted environment and salty atmosphere.
- Low leakage current in long term ageing.
- Resistance to puncher due to cutting age technology.
- Superior UV & weather resistance properties.
- Sustained hydrophobicity, resulting in lower leakage currents, reduced dry band arcing, and less risk of flashover,
- Specially formulated high tracking resistance silicone rubber used for sheathing.
- A higher mechanical strength to weight ratio which enables the construction of longer spans of towers.